Lexington County libraries hosting FEMA Centers
The Federal Emergency Management Agency has activated two Disaster Response Centers across Lexington County.
FEMA’s Disaster Recovery Centers are readily accessible facilities or mobile offices where applicants may go for information about FEMA or other disaster assistance programs.
FEMA Disaster Recovery Centers will operate every day from 8 a.m. until 7 p.m. at the following Lexington County locations:
Lexington Main Library
5440 Augusta Rd.
6251 St. Andrews Rd.
Some of FEMA’s services at its Disaster Recovery Centers include:
· Guidance regarding disaster recovery
· Clarification of any written correspondence received
· Housing Assistance and Rental Resource information
· Answers to questions, resolution to problems and referrals to agencies that may provide further assistance
· Status of applications being processed by FEMA
· Small Business Administration program information if there is a SBA representative at the Disaster Recovery Center site
· Crisis Counseling Program
· Disaster Legal Services
· Disaster Unemployment
· Funeral Assistance – Individuals and Households Program
Whether applying online at DisasterAssistance.gov from your computer or smartphone, over the phone through a FEMA call center, or at FEMA Disaster Recovery Center, you should have a pen and paper and the following information ready:
· Date of loss
· Your Social Security number and the co-registrant’s Social Security number, if applicable
· Current mailing address and damaged home address
· Telephone numbers where you can be contacted
· Names of household members at the time of the disaster
· Insurance information
· Total gross income for the household
· A routing and account number from your bank (only necessary if you want to have disaster assistance funds transferred directly into your bank account). Lookup your bank routing number.
· A description of your losses that were caused by the disaster
For more information about FEMA’s Individual Assistance Programs, call 800-621-3362 or visit www.DisasterAssistance.gov.