Grinding of Greens, recycle Christmas tree – Keep Midlands Beautiful!
January 2, 2016||Comments Off on Grinding of Greens, recycle Christmas tree – Keep Midlands Beautiful!|NEWS
December 26, 2015– January 7, 2016
Mulch giveaway until Saturday, January 9th!!
Trees may be dropped off December 26, 2015 through Thursday, January 7, 2016. The LAST DAY to DROP OFF TREES is THURSDAY, JANUARY 7. Mulch will be available for pickup on Saturday, January 9th.
Please follow these guidelines:
- Remove all lights, tinsel and ornaments from the tree.
- Remove tree from stand.
- Drop off trees only – no wreaths, garland, or other greenery
- Remove tree from bag and remove any string, wire, or ties on the tree.
Click here to learn how you can recycle your Christmas lights and your artificial Christmas trees.
Free Christmas Tree Mulch!
Free mulch made from the recycled trees will be available to the public at the following two locations on SATURDAY, January 9, 2016 from 8:30 AM until the mulch runs out:
- SEVEN OAKS PARK – 200 Leisure Lane, Columbia, SC 29210 (near the intersection of St. Andrews and Piney Grove Roads).
- SOUTH CAROLINA STATE FARMERS MARKET – 3483 Charleston Highway, West Columbia, SC 29172.
Christmas Tree Drop-off Locations
- BALL PARK ROAD–301 Ball Park Rd, Lexingtion,M-W-F, Sat 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM, Sun 3– 7PM.
- BUSH RIVER RD– 6109 Bush River Rd Columbia. M-W-F, Sat 7 AM – 7 PM, Sun 3 – 7 PM.
- CAUGHMAN RD PARK– 2800 Trotter Rd Hopkins M-F 2-9PM, Sat 9-8 PM, Sun 1-6PM
- CITY OF COLUMBIA COMPOST FACILITY –121 Humane Lane, Columbia.
- (off Shop Road across from SPCA). M-F, 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM
- CHAPIN– 103 Distant Lane ,Chapin . M-W-F, Sat 7 AM – 7 PM, Sun 3 – 7 PM.
- CLEMSON INSTITUTE FOR ECONOMIC & COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT – 900 Clemson Road.
- CROOKED CREEK PARK – 1098 Old Lexington Highway, Chapin. (next to Chapin Middle School). Daily 7:30 AM – 11:00 PM.
- EDMUND-325 Landfill Lane, Lexington. M-W-F, Sat 7 AM – 7 PM, Sun 3 – 7 PM.
- FOREST LAKE PARK– 6820 Wedgefield Road Columbia . M-F 2-9PM, Sat 9-8 PM, Sun 1-6PM
- FORT JACKSON RECYCLING CENTER – Building #6568 on Lee Road, Fort Jackson. (Enter the Fort through Gate 2 on Forest Drive. After Burger King, turn left onto Lee Road.) M-F, 7:00 AM – 3:00 PM, Sat 8:30 – 3:30 PM.
- FRIARSGATE PARK – 1712 Chadford Rd., Irmo. M-F 2-9PM, Sat 9-8 PM, Sun 1-6PM
- HOLLOW CREEK TREE FARM – 228 Windmill Road, Gilbert.
- LEXINGTON CO. C&D LANDFILL – 498 Landfill Lane, Lexington. M-Sat 7:00 AM – 4:30 PM
- LEXINGTON CO. SANDHILLS COLLECTION CENTER – 3241 Charleston Hwy., Cayce. M-W-F, Sat 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM, Sun 3:00 – 7:00 PM.
- POLO ROAD PARK – 730 Polo Road, Columbia. M-F 2-9PM, Sat 9-8 PM, Sun 1-6PM
- RICHLAND CO. C&D LANDFILL – 1070 Caughman Road, North (off Monticello). M-F 8:00 AM – 6:30 PM, Sat 12:30 – 5:30 PM
- RICHLAND CO. ADULT ACTIVITY CENTER– 7500 Parklane Rd Columbia. M-F 2-9PM, Sat 9-8 PM, Sun 1-6PM
- SAXE GOTHA PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH – 5508 Sunset Blvd. (Highway 378), Lexington.
- SEVEN OAKS PARK – 200 Leisure Lane, Columbia. (Near the intersection of St. Andrews and Piney Grove Roads.)
- SOUTH CAROLINA STATE FARMERS MARKET – 3483 Charleston Highway, West Columbia.
- SOUTHEAST PARK– 951 Hazelwood Road, Columbia, 29209
- SOUTHEAST COLLECTION CENTER–538 Martin Neese Rd, Swansea M,W F& Sat 7AM-7PM Sun 3PM-7PM
- ST. ANDREWS PARK– 920 Beatty Rd, Columbia 29210. Open Mon, Wed, Fri 2 -9 PM, Sat 9 AM-8 PM, Sun 1-6PM