Amid yuletide music, art and essay reading by students, the City of West Columbia illuminated its Christmas Tree, Friday night.
“This is a wonderful chance for us to get together and celebrate all that has happened throughout the year, said Mayor Tem Miles, “And there’s more to come.”
There was also a special “Letters-to-Santa” reading from Mrs. Claus.
What Christmas Means to Me essay winners were:
- Evelyn Seller, 4th Grade – Saluda River Academy for the Arts
- Emily Titus 5th Grade – East Point Academy
- Hudson Mechling – 2nd Grade Riverbank Elementary
The first-place artwork winner was
- Skyler Edwards, 4th Grade Saluda River Academy of the Arts – Artwork on the cover of the program;
- 2nd place artwork winner was Cecilia Wu, 5th Grade East Point Academy;
- 3rd place winner was Lilyana Delgado – 5th Grade East Point Academy
The work of all three art winners will be on display on the Art on State Wall in West Columbia Interactive Art Park, 425 Meeting St.
Dow Welsh, Holland Avenue Baptist Church as the Master of Ceremonies.
Schools performing songs were: Busbee Creative Arts Academy Chorus; Northside Middle School Chorus; East Point Academy Elementary Chorus; East Point Academy Panda Players
There was also a special reading from Mrs. Claus.