CAYCE, SC – The Cayce Police Department announces findings and arrests in the Dec. 11, homicide at Abbott Arms Apartments on Wilkinson Street in Cayce. Officers have determined that the shooting was gang-related and was planned to originally be a robbery for drugs and money. The following four suspects have been arrested:
- Joshua Sanchez, Age 18
- Charges: Murder, Attempted Armed Robbery, Conspiracy to Commit Armed Robbery, and Possession of a Weapon during a Violent Crime
- Juvenile, Age 17
- Charges: Murder, Attempted Armed Robbery, and Conspiracy to Commit Armed Robbery
- Idrees Xavier Scott, Age 24
- Charges: Conspiracy to Commit Armed Robbery and Accessory to Murder After the Fact
- Jasmine Kiara Golson, Age 24
- Charges: Conspiracy to Commit Armed Robbery and Accessory to Murder After the Fact.
On Dec. 11,, Cayce Police Department responded to Abbott Arms Apartments to a report of shots fired. When Officers arrived, witnesses reported several people were heard arguing in the parking lot, that shots were fired, and that a dark colored vehicle sped away from the parking lot at a high rate of speed.
Case Facts & Findings:
- Numerous shell casings were located in the Abbott Arms parking lot.
- Lexington Medical Center (LMC) responded that a male gunshot victim had arrived at the Emergency Room. Officers responded to the hospital and located a blue Chevrolet Camaro with blood in the passenger compartment. The vehicle was towed to be processed by Cayce Police Department’s Investigations Team.
- A 9mm handgun, shell casings, and narcotics were located inside the vehicle.
- The victim at the hospital was identified as Travis Fuller (19), who later succumbed to his injuries and was pronounced deceased at the hospital. Another 15-year-old juvenile, who had been in the car at the time of the shooting, drove the victim to the hospital.
- As the investigation began to unfold a second male juvenile gunshot victim was located at Prisma Health Hospital and it was unknown at the time if it was connected to the Abbott Arms shooting. The juvenile suffered a gunshot wound to the chest, was hospitalized for an extended period, and then released from the hospital to recover from his injuries at home. It was later determined that this shooting was connected to the planned robbery and that this Juvenile was actually involved in the robbery; being shot while the robbery took place.
- As the Criminal Investigations Division from Cayce PD began to comb through evidence, interview witnesses and process the crime scene; officers in the Patrol Division stopped a black pickup truck that reportedly left Abbott Arms Apartments after the shooting and returned a short time later. The proactive police work of the patrol division lead to the arrest of three additional suspects (London Spires, 19; Davion Carson, 19 and a 17-year-old Juvenile) and charges for each of them with Possession with Intent to Distribute Narcotics and Unlawful Carry of a Firearm.
- Cayce Investigators conducted countless interviews, processed evidence, conducted multiple search warrants and followed a multitude of leads to determine the shooting stemmed from a robbery planned and orchestrated by Joshua Sanchez, Idrees Scott, Jasmine Golson and the Juvenile that arrived at Prisma Hospital with the gunshot wound. We suspect that the three males and one female planned to rob Fuller of his money and drugs.
The Cayce Police Department appreciates the support and assistance from the Lexington County Sheriff Department, Richland County Sheriff Department, United States Marshals Service, and the 11th Judicial Circuit Solicitor’s Office to make these arrests. The investigation continues and more arrests will be made as investigators work on the links between the December 11th homicide and the November 25th shooting on Lucas Street in Cayce. We do believe they are connected and are working leads to close that case. If you have any additional information for either of the two shootings, please contact the Cayce Police Department at 803-794-0456 or 888-CRIMESC.